Saturday, February 2, 2013

Enjoying the Time!

A good friend of mine was looking at a finished painting of mine that had taken me many hours to complete, and asked me,"How did you do that?"  I took a brief moment to contemplate what he was really wanting to know and realized that it was beyond his experience and couldn't quite be explained in a single sentence or even a paragraph...And then I was inspired to sum it up with the phrase; " One stroke at a time."...Which is why many painters of landscapes shy away from larger size supports and are content to work on small or medium size canvases. I think ...Larger canvas...Larger brushes...More pigment...More fun! Takes longer....More process to enjoy!
                                                        Aloha Ohana,
                                                                   Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment