Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Eucalyptus Cowspell"

Another painting in the new show at Woodenhead is this 36" square oil on canvas studio painting of a hereford cow and her mixed breed offspring standing in the dappled sunlight under some big Eucalyptus trees on the old Willig ranch above the town of Jenner at the mouth of the Russian River. My friend Jonnie took the picture, but I drove her to the spot where they were so I did have a hand in getting the image. The only things I edited out when I painted it were their ear tags. I gave them their freedom in this portrait anyway. By the way, I enabled the comment aspect of this blog somewhat so if you've tried and been unable to do so in the past, try the comment link again now. Mahalo for stopping by. Aloha, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment