Monday, April 6, 2009

The Love of Bob

I've had my cat(?) Bob since he was a tiny kitten. I got he and his brother Bill when I was living in a little house on Old Redwood Highway between Santa Rosa and Windsor in 1997. Billy got run over by the delivery guy for the Press Democrat early one morning about 8 years later in 2005 when I was living on the hill in Jenner. I grieved for months it seemed at the time and I still miss him very much. However Bobby Manx is the cat in my life for the rest of his. He's a real Manx, with 24 toes, long back legs and a short tail. He was a great hunter when I lived in Jenner. Often bringing me his trophies to see before eating them. He knocked a hummingbird down one day and I was unable to save it even though I got it from him right away. It died in my hand. What a sad moment that was. I haven't been witness to him catching anything here in Forestville. There are a lot of cats running around so maybe there's just too much competition. At any rate he now eats the same dry dogfood from the same bowl as my Sh'tzu/Yorky Beanie. But, he also has a thing for canned salmon. He'll eat the pink, but really prefers the red which is twice the price of course. Oh well... He is pretty special. So I don't mind. Besides he gives me SOOOO much love! Aloha ke Akua! The Love of God! Mahalo nui loa! Aloha, Timo


No comments:

Post a Comment