Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Extra Paint

The pigment that's left on my brush after doing whatever it was picked up for more often than not these days ends up on a canvas such as this 30" x 40" I built when I was on Sonoma Mountain Road. It has changed every day for the last 4 months. I think very little about where the pigment will get layed and just let it sort of go where it wants to go. Usually rubbing it off the bristles in many different kinds of movements and directions. Doing it spontaneously without thinking too much. It's a sort of therepy for me I think. I look at it once in awhile to see if it suggests anything for me to focus on. Something that would bring some aspect of it into a point of focus, I mean. So I did this last night...I started looking at it in all of it's 4 possible positions and when it was rotated to this orientation I felt a shift occur in my vision and I entered a different visual realm for a few moments. It was a very interesting experience. I'll keep you posted on this Non-Objective Painting in progress. Mahalo for checking in! Aloha Ohana, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment