Friday, November 23, 2012

Mind Sight

        I've begun a new series of abstract oil paintings loosely based on the interior color display in my mind's visual center as I was being exposed to the radiation treatment during my bout with cancer almost two years ago.
       This first one was started over an old painting of a pear that was given to me recently with a stack of canvases that were salvaged from an abandoned storage space by my friend that manages that facility.
       Yellow is one of the colors that predominated these experiences. So I used that first to keep it rich and pure before I began the other dominant color which is blue.
       The shapes aren't meant to represent anything in particular...just letting my rememberance guide my brush. The show going on in my head during the radiation exposure period was like two liquids interacting in a kind of brilliantly lit dance together, without mixing together as pigments would, but constantly moving in and out of each other as liquid light. Like a Lava Lamp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment