Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Monte Rio Bridge


I began this painting on location from the back garden of the Village Inn on the Russian River at Monte Rio, California where I was having a show last summer. There was a band that I'm friends with called Out of the Blue playing that afternoon so I decided to go over early and paint. I got most of the canvas completed before they asked me to play harmonica with them on a set. I had a great time playing music with them, but the light had changed by then and didn't get back to finish it. I did get some pictures before I began painting though. So...Several days ago I went back to it here in the studio with some photos I took that day as reference. I tried to keep the spirit of the painterly plein air beginning and not over work it. I would appreciate any comments anyone would care to make. Mahalo, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment