Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Learning to Remember!


Making the decision to paint over an older painting is usually impulsive to say the least. Although there is often a great deal of conflict in the decision making process that really leads to putting a painting on your easle sideways with the intention of doing a completely different image over the top of the original work. I just hope that I remember in the future to photograph the first painting BEFORE I begin the new one. This is not the first time I've done this, but at least I remembered to shoot before it was totally covered up with the new one. A woman gazing through an arch at a shelf of old glass jars and bottles done from memories. No market for my wierd stuff so I just paint over most of it eventually. I really have painted over a lot of images that I wasn't happy with for one reason or another through the years. The x-ray guys of the future will have a ball with some of mine that have several paintings layered over each other. It's fun painting on a canvas that already has a good layer of pigments applied already. So another adventure in color begins. Aloha, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment