Monday, February 9, 2009

A Little Seascape


Doing a new painting from an old reference photo that I've been thinking about for years is fulfilling to me in an interesting way. It's like"Why didn't I ever paint this one before?" I began this little painting last night over an old painting that I'd done some time back of a baby's eye view of mom's nipple. You'll never get to see that one...because I never took a picture of it. I like this a lot better. The old photo that I'm doing this from was taken around 1980 at Timber Cove, California on the north Sonoma County Coast. I like what I was able to catch of the colors in the water. I'm probably going to do a larger version of this image. This one is only 9"x12". I might just do another small one to take further with more exacting detail because I really like the looseness of what this one has. Maybe just a bit more here and there. Aloha, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment