Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wahine o Hawaii Nei


Mai ka'i La aloha! I'm not sure why this painting began except that I was tired of seeing some buffalo standing under a thunderhead in the grasslands of the Great Plains somewhere and decided to paint over it. And I wanted to send a prayer out to the great spirit about what would make my Valentine's Day a bit more meaningful. This was an old postcard image that I had a very poor, low resolution copy of so I used it for the basic pose and anatomy and changed the face completely. I've been working on it for about 4 days now and I finally like the expression in her face after changing it completely about 6 times. I haven't decided about a particular place for the rest of the scene yet, there isn't a whole lot of additional space around the subject. I'm going to take a rest from it and do another little seascape that a friend wants. Mahalo for your interest. Aloha, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment