Sunday, February 1, 2009

Portrait of Terina

I finished the Portrait of Terina last night instead of going to my usual Saturday night get together at the church in Forestville. I have more portraits to work on though so I'll probably show you another one soon that I began on Moloka'i, of Terina's father Raymond. I'm glad I worked at this from more than one reference photo taken in the same light we had during the initial sitting, because she was so much more at ease after we stopped painting. I'm extremely happy with the final expression I was able to get into this my first portrait on black velvet. Mahalo Akua. I'm going to do quick pencil portraits on the sidewalk in front of Coffee Bazaar today before I do my broadcast. I've got to change into some lighter clothes for the full sun we get over there. Yesterday I did an old guy named Shanti that was there just to have a picture of him. He's got one of those "Moses" faces you'll never forget once you've noticed, and really looked at him. No sales though...Hmmmmm. I did get a small deposit on a couple of signs the trailor restoration guy across the street want's done with paintings in enamels of some of his old aluminum trailors on them. Aloha for today, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment