Monday, February 2, 2009

Pencil Portraits in the Sun


I've been soaking up the rays from this wonderful winter sun we're being graced with currently while trying to coax people into spending $20 to have me do their portrait in pencil on a good sheet of 12"x 9" drawing paper. The only other thing besides sitting still for 10 minutes that I require of them is that they either make me 2 copies or allow me to make 2 copies of the resulting portrait. You'd be surprized at how few people spring for this totally amazing opportunity. My latest ploy has been to tell them truthfully that the piece of paper with the original pencil sketch on it will be worth it's weight in diamonds someday. My good friend says they already are because they really don't weigh very much. Anyway this old guy that I've been seeing riding his bicycle around for years came by and didn't have anything better to do for 15 minutes, consented to let me do a quick scetch of him. Here is the result of that work. Mahalo for dropping by! Aloha, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment