Saturday, January 31, 2009

Beauty on Velvet


This portait on black velvet of my friend Raymond's daughter Terina has been an intense learning experience for me. I had never attempted painting on velvet before this last Moloka'i trip. I think now that the time required to develope a painting is more than could be done in even 4 or 5 sittings. I suppose that's why most people work from photographs...They don't get tired and go home. Now that this one is proving to be a successful experiment, I'm ready to try something on the Royal Purple velvet that Suzanne sent back with me. I've worked more on it since I took this picture. She's beginning to smile more as I continue to paint. I wish I had some good marketing help (an Angel?) so I could start making a living doing this again. Hey! How about a fervent prayer? Great Spirit! O Cosmic Birther of All Radiance and Vibration, Hear my plea! ....Thy will be done. Amen. There that ought to do it. And now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment