Monday, January 19, 2009

Into the Sun to Draw


Winter on the north side of a wooded hill is a very cool experience. Tiny glimpses of bright golden sparkles through the branches at random intervals intice one to come out to the open warmth beyond. It is out there beyond those leafy boughs and standing boles. The SUN! Sunlight is something in short winter supply in this neighborhood. They call it "Pneumonia Hill" locally. I'm going to move out into the sun again someday, but I have to accept things the way they are here and be thankful for what I have(use of) today. I did pencil portraits(1) in the sun yesterday in front of Coffee Bazaar and thoroughly enjoyed the time spent even though it wasn't that successful financially. To say the least. The weather here the last few days has been "to die for!" and my thought was it's like going to sleep in January and waking up in June. Shirtsleeves and less. I'm going back today to soak up some more and maybe do some portraits too! Here's a painting of a Tahitian Wahine I did from an old black & white photo a friend of mine's dad brought back from there in 1965. Someday... Aloha oe, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment