Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Portrait in Progress


I started an oil portrait from life at the gallery I'm with over in Petaluma in December last year as a demonstration. I had 3 hours to get as much done as I could and hopefully have an example they could exhibit there to promote portrait commissions. I covered the 24" x 18" canvas with paint, but it wasn't really finished that afternoon. So I finally got caught up enough to get back to work on it using a photo taken at the time of the demo by my model's mother. I'll post the photo of the beginning image done that day. Tomorrow I'll put up the way it looks now. Lots of progress made yesterday and today. In these lean times we must keep busy doing whatever it is that we do best. I paint better than I write. That's for sure! Mahalo o Akua! Aloha ka kou, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment