Friday, January 23, 2009

Monroe's done

Pet portraits done from out of focus snapshots have to, of necessity, be labors of love even when they are a paid commission. I started this portrait in November of my friend Kathleen's cat Monroe that died last year. Not all pet portraits take that long to finish, but then I usually have much better reference photos to work from. Actually I think it was all the rest of the compositional elements that made it take as long as it did to finish. I hope she likes it. I'm glad it's done, that's for sure! I'm back on the Demonstration portrait today. It's almost done too. Of course that's what I thought yesterday at about this same time. I'll have to put that one up tomorrow. It's bedtime for this portrait painter. Aloha Ohana, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment