Thursday, January 15, 2009

Momentous Progress on the Creative Road to Now

Ke aloha no! Aloha! I Decided to start doing pencil portraits again recently. So I went and bought a new sketchpad and within minutes was doing a drawing of a beautiful seven year old girl for her father who was there, but busy with a friend talking business. I asked her if she had ever sat for a portrait before and she said "Oh yes, twice before. Once at the Fair and once by a family friend." I asked her how she liked the outcome of those experiences and she replied,"I liked the one by our friend, but not the other one. I don't think it looks like me." I did what comes very easy and natural for me and was finished in about ten minutes. It was a good likeness. She liked it and her dad liked it. He gave me $20 and thanked me for such a good deal. I love what I do and it shows. Five more portraits today at the Coffee Bazaar to begin the 2009 season. I'm stoked! Mahalo Akua! Aloha kaua, Timo

No comments:

Post a Comment