Friday, January 30, 2009

My First Black Velvet Portrait


Aloha Ohana, I've been working on the black velvet portrait of my friend's daughter for most of the past two days. It's really changed quite a bit from the start I got on it during my time with her at the live sitting. I'll put that beginning image up first so we can see how much it has evolved from then. This first sitting was about three hours altogether. Working for 20 minutes at a time, with 10 minute breaks to cool off. It was about 80 degrees in the shade and we were in the sun. This took place on my friend Martin's back porch that has a great view of north-west Maui across the Pailolo channel. She looked out at that while I looked at her. It is a wonderful place with a great climate and beautiful people. I want to go back as soon as I can. It's too shady and cold here where I live now. My body feels better over there. I do love the sun. Mahalo Nui Loa! Aloha o Akua!

No comments:

Post a Comment